Yoda Update 10-13-09

Go down

Yoda Update 10-13-09

Post  Yoda on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:40 am

What's up Pasados peeps.

Seems like I've been here forever but it's only been a few months. 30+ missions already but I actually lost count, going on another one soon.

A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks. Got some peeps hurt from an IED but they're back home already, hopefully with non-permanently disabling njuries. Got in, for lack of a better term, a huge battle. Attack helos (US Apache, Kiowa Warriors and even French Tigres), French Armored Cars (AMX-10RC w/ 105mm guns!), APC's (VAB w/ 20mm or .50 cal), French artillery, mortars, infantry, some US and Afghan troops. The insurgents initiated w/ RPG fires, mortars and auto weapons and contacts pretty much ran sporadically all day. Good day for Coalition forces with no one hurt. Biggest action I've seen since 2004 in Iraq.

Hey, Nanya answer your e-mail!!!! My laptop went down with Trojan-32 virus so I need my new one last week!

Yoda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yoda Update 10-13-09

Post  nanya on Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:18 am

will be shipping this weekend. just looking for more dried mangos and such. if you get this email a list of snacks..
nanya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  speedygonzalez on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:36 am

hey francis, good to hear from you !! email me dude ! joel.gagarinATGMAILDOTCOM

on a side note look what i found

http://www.militarynewsnetwork.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2317
http://www.cjtf101.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1876:kapisa-prt-provide-security&catid=16:recent-events&Itemid=401

stay safe bro. looking forward to hear from you. bob please give me a list of what francis needs, i wanna send some stuff in your care package.

speedygonzalez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Yoda Update

Post  Yoda on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:41 am

Beat me to the links Speedy!

If you run a search fo the following:

SSG Francis Macale
SGT Carlos Velasquez
SGT George Sulunga
SRA Ashley Jackson
PRT Parwan-Kapisa
CPT Derrick Lee

These probably will release some photos or even video of my unit. I have a ton of pics and even some video but uploading photos and OPSEC are issues so might have to wait for me to get home.

The helo photos are from probably the most fun mission we ever did here back in September. Most of the missions are in MRAP and we rotate the convoy commander position. Most of my time here I'm either planning a mission, resting or leading one. We operate in the Parwan and Kapisa province w/ occasional trips out of area. Kapisa is in the French sector and one of the hottest areas for insurgents. It's the same place the French got hit hard last year. It's really not that bad here not anywhere like Iraq was i OIF-1,2 or 4. It might get worse here but the afghans are largely more friendly than the Iraqis. Some places they do give you the stinkeye or you get the feeling that it's not kosher. Some places they're friendly by day and insurgents at night. It's an insurgency alright. They usually don't try to hit us as they know we bring money, food and other aid to the province so it would be bad PR for them. Still one never knows as we are all eligible for CIB's and CAB's in just a couple of months in ops.

Yoda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thank You!

Post  Yoda on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:43 am

Thanks for all the peeps that contributed to my care package!

Never had so much junk food in one package in my life, shared most of it with my squad, they loved it. Hard to believe they ate it in about two weeks. Mangoes was really good as well as the noodles, corn nuts, Nagaraya and chips and other goodies, mucho appreciated fellas! PS if you guys want to send anything else, the last was pretty good selection and noodles are the bomb now that winter has set in and it is stupid cold out here. Myself I like the jap udon type noodles, not really crazy about ultra spicy.

The combat shirts are for Nanya, Hun and Joel. There is three in my box pls distribute accordingly. Will bring more stuff when i get back. Start stockpiling ammo! I want something in excess of 500-1000 rds apiece per person! Bringing one of my team leaders, he is Tongan from Inglewood, George is good people. We will be down for some fishing, bodyboarding and shooting.

Yoda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down